Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlan A
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010

Hi Bryan,

I realize this may be your worst nightmare but I am thinking about using one of your themes for my new site! :-)

The site will not be a blog, not yet anyway, so I would need to strip the site down via the options & basically use pages only & possibly the theme home page feature. This will be a simple site that will consist of a half a dozen pages or so & maybe some side bar widgets, & maybe not. If I m not mistaken, I can achieve what I want using your options page along w/ the WP option settings.

Is there any reason that you can think of that I cannot use your themes to achieve my goal, other than me bothering you? I know, I know, you aren't available for anymore custom work. But I have a lot of experience w/ Magatheme, so I can make some mods myself & like I said, this will be a simple site. After dealing with & interviewing some new web site developers, I realized that it may work out better to do this myself!

I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Alan
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010

Sure Alan, if you are looking for a more CMS like package, check out Joomla or Silverstripe. I've used Wordpress as a CMS many times (as opposed to daily blogging like it was designed for).

There is no reason you couldn't use my theme. Just make a backup very often if you are working on it and customizing it. I always make mistakes that tend to break the entire thing requiring reverting to the older one and doing it again (hopefully correctly).

Bryan