Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlan A
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010

Hi Bryan,

What's the best way to remove the date & comment attributes from the post excerpts on the homepage using Magatheme?

Thanks! Hope you are well.

Alan
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010

Alan, you'd have to edit the home.php and look for the lines containing the "the_time()" function.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlan A
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010

Thanks Bryan,

How would you like to be a sport & be a little more specific ;-)
    Here's the code to which I think you are referring:

<small>Posted by <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> on <?php the_time('M jS, Y'); ?> | <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>#comments"><?php comments_number('0', '1', '%'); ?> Comments</a></small>

If I want to only keep the author, what would the code look like? And if I wanted to remove the author attribute too, would I just remove all of the code above? Assuming I grabbed the correct code :-)

Thank you sir!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010 edited

<small>Posted by <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?></small>

That's with no time or comment link.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlan A
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010

Thank you sir!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlan A
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010 edited

Hey,

I implemented the change & nothing happened so I dug a little deeper & noticed that the following code is in two places in the home.php

<small>Posted by <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> on <?php the_time('M jS, Y'); ?> | <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>#comments"><?php comments_number('0', '1', '%'); ?> Comments</a></small>

So, I changed one code, both codes & still...nothing happened. Now what? :-o
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010

It's probably cached! If you have a cache plug-in I'd clear it first!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlan A
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010

Duh...well of course i cleared the cache. Didn't even need to as I have Super Cache set not to cache pages for logged in users.

So...what to do? The suggestions didn't do the trick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010

Are you using a widget on the homepage where this is happening?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlan A
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010 edited

Well, there are the posts in the slider & the posts in the recent column.
    See here...
    www.happinesshelp.org
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010

In that case, if they are widgets, you'll need to do the same thing to the widgets in functions.php (remove the_time() and the_author() functions from the code).
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlan A
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010

That did the trick sir!

I did not need to alter anything from the home php, or so it seems, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I altered the following code in the functions php in two instances, Manual Post Widget & Recent Post Widget, not the Category Widget, as the below code appeared in all three instances in the functions php.

Thanks Bryan!