Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetty
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010

Hi, I bought the Dev version last night and the CSS Stylesheet is blank except for the commented introduction. Did I get the wrong download? I'm actually NOT a developer but know some CSS and thought the template was versatile to use with some different sites I have in mind. It seemed from the license that the Pro version was single site. I hope the Dev version is not write your own CSS. I don't want to start from scratch. Would appreciate some help as I was going to redo my site this weekend using this template. Will the free version's CSS work in the Dev version?

Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone except me. When you upgrade, I guess you have to replace the default CSS with your custom styles by manual copy/paste or is their another way?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetty

Hi, I just noticed there was a newer free version available. As related to my last question above, I can't install it because WP won't create a new directory. I even renamed the zip file with "new."

I also downloaded the CSS stylesheet from the free version and pasted it into the stylesheet of the Dev version (which was blank as I said above). Nothing happened. As you can see at my link, I started to make some tweaks using the CSS with the free version, now after purchasing the latest version, I'm dead in the water, because there is no CSS to tweak.
    http://bettytew.com/infocreativebiz/

I liked mixing the blue headings with the red bullets (or some other accent color), so I probably won't be using the monochromatic color schemes. Thanks for any help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan

I just sent you an email that said the CSS files are under the "style" folder. You can edit these like any other CSS file! Let me know if you have any other questions!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetty

Hi Bryan,

I can see the folders in my ftp program, but I can't access the css files from within WordPress. Are you saying I'd have to download the file "original.right.sidebar.css" to my computer, edit it and then upload it again? This seems rather awkward when the free earlier version opens the stylesheet in Wordpress and allows you to edit and preview it immediately. Is there a workaround so I can do the editing in Wordpress? Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetty
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010 edited

The Nav buttons don't show up in the Dev version. I have all the checkboxes selected in the Header/Blurb options. This is only in the Dev version 1.2.8. They do appear in version 1.2.0.

BTW, I'm using WordPress 2.9.2. Has this been tested?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010

It has been tested with WP 2.9.2 and is confirmed to work. One thing most people forget to do is set the standard options at least one and choose to "show the top navigation/widget" from the options page.

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to force Wordpress to allow editing of files in different folders. If you have CPanel, try using their file editor.