Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHoopsOrDie
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010

Hello,

I just purchased the Magathemepro, and I am confused how to activate it. I downloaded the theme and have all the files and codes in a folder, but don't know what to do.

Please help,

El
    •  
      CommentAuthorHoopsOrDie
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010 edited

P.S. I am using Wordpress 2.9.2

It's telling me to extract the .zip file and upload it, but I don't see one.

Thanks again,

El
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan

All you need to do is to upload it to your wp-content/themes folder. Usually you can just upload the zip (which is what you downloaded) and unzip it on the server through something like cPanel. However, if you have an FTP client, you can just upload the entire unzip folder.

Bryan
    •  
      CommentAuthorHoopsOrDie
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010 edited

Bryan,

I am still confused. What I downloaded doesn't seem to be a zip file... It's one folder labeled "MagathemePro" and inside the folder are all the codes for the footer,header,sidebar, etc...

I am confused by what you mean when you say "unzip it on the server through something like cPanel."

Should I download a converter and make each part of the folder into a zip file? But I am worried even then it would upload as single files, not as a group.

Thanks and please reply,

El
    •  
      CommentAuthorHoopsOrDie

I think I am just not understanding the basic instructions to installation, I'm not sure though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorHoopsOrDie

Bryan

I downloaded "FileZilla" to upload the theme... But I can't connect to the server. Where can I find my FTP server?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHoopsOrDie

Bryan,

I think I may have found the problem, but I am not sure... When I am using FileZilla, in order to connect with the server I need the username i was GIVEN (not the one I use everyday when I log into dashboard) when I first purchased my domain name... the only problem is I didn't purchase the domain name, my friend did. Do I need this user name in order to upload the theme?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHoopsOrDie

If my friend who purchased the website name is unable to locate the original user name and password given, is there any way to retrieve them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010

I can't really help you set up FTP, its usually as simple as ftp.example.com with username and password. Otherwise you can use cPanel or your host's interface.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010

Generally this is as simple as using FTP, right clicking and creating a new directory or folder. cPanel may have specific buttons to push for this operation.

Then, you just extract the zip into the folder.