Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetty
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010

Hi,

I want to add a page instead of a post to the Home button. I currently have a static post there, but I want my blog posts to show when I click a Blog button in the Nav. I have Clean Home Pro and WP 2.9.2.

My site is www.infocreativebiz.com

Thanks,
    Betty
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetty
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010

If my blog was attached to a different button in the nav (such as "Blog" instead of "home") would I also be able to move it to a different location in the nav? IOW, I want to create a page that says Home, and have that come first.

Thanks,
    Betty
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetty
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010

Never mind, I figured it out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBetty
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010

I spoke too soon. It looked right when I was logged in, but as soon as I logged out, the content on the Home page disappeared. I was leaving the Home button option on and static front page selected.

So I created a new page and called it Home and set it to be the static front page, however, the title of the page now says "Home" and I would like the title to be different. I would like it to look like a post with a hyperlinked title, and still have the menu button say home.

Thanks for any help. I read the codex on this and it was very vague on this part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010

I recommend the plugin All-In-One-SEO for control over the title tag.

Try unchecking the CHP option: Show Home Button on top Nav. Also, you may be able to edit home.php and remove the options entirely.

Also, there are some great menu control plugins out there, you might give them a spin and fill the Nav widget space.